Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Focus on Ourselves!

Today ... I went on thinking 'what makes my day perfect?'. Is it about cooking good food for family and relishing it later at office? Or is it finishing all queued up tasks at office? Or is it a nice evening I get to relax on my sofa watching my favourite song on TV? There could be so many such things that define our day as 'perfect'. Perfection in diet or perfection at work or a perfect relaxing evening, uh?
Sadly, I later conclude .... these are just important elements of our day. A battery of such incidents can perhaps make our day 'Perfect'. It's important to note down what can add value to us, our day and eventually our life. What makes us get balanced in life? This thought can conclude a few things that we may like as a part of our daily routine ... overcoming complexities of day to day situations we may face. A thought like this is nothing but a 'focus' on ourselves. If I focus on myself suddenly ... I get all kinds of thoughts like 'I have to still loose weight', 'I have to get more healthy', 'I have to work better', 'I have to work out everyday', 'I have to get a new cat' or 'I have to go to parlour!'. We have so many things queued up for us, our mind and body. A focus on ourselves can 'polish' our life, I think.
Today I think if I focus on myself .... from my diet to my fitness to my hobbies to my workfront improvements .... I might actually end up having a 'Perfect day'. And life is all about experiencing ... good and bad both, but if we are close to making our day perfect, I bet we can touch most of good experiences through-out ... right?
I am seriously considering balancing my day between many things I like and I have to do. My agenda for this month is 'focus on myself'. A conscious decision to make myself a person with substance. A conscious effort to improve in my efforts and to get better results from myself. I promise, after a month I shall come back and blog if such a conscious decision to focus on myself helped significantly or not ...

1 comment:

Somesh said...

Ok Shar, we'll all focus on you...